I can design, develop, deliver, and consult on educational programmes that have a focus on Careers, Enterprise, Entrepreneurship, and Innovation themes. This includes providing short workshops through to whole academic modules.
I have spent eight years in Enterprise & Entrepreneurial education and a further seven in Careers education developing short workshops, multi-day intensive programmes and ‘boot-camps’, and months-long credit-bearing curricular units in Higher Education.
I have sat on senior education committees and task groups; developed graduate attribute and outcome strategies, rolled out training initiatives, and developed policy.
By virtue of my national roles with Enterprise Educators UK, the NUS, and for government, I have also developed, studied, witnessed, and advocated for some of the most pioneering educational programmes in the UK. I have also served as a judge for the National Entrepreneurship Educator Awards.
I have previously keynoted the Association of Graduate Careers Advisory Service conference and chaired the International Enterprise Educators Conference.
My particular expertise lies in both very early stage business model development for entrepreneurship and in embedding enterprise and innovation learning in other subject curriculum.
During my roles at both the University of Bristol and Bath Spa University I have developed bespoke education programmes to embed enterprise and employability themes in a variety of diverse disciplinary settings:
- Start-up and Business Planning programmes for students in subjects as diverse as Computer Science, Maths, Food & Nutrition, and Engineering
- Life-science commercialisation and start-up strategy for Biochemistry, Pharmacology, and Neuroscience students
- Practice management for Veterinary students
- Social Enterprise strategy for Publishing students
- Business model fundamentals for Arts and Cultural ventures for History students.
I am currently developing and delivering curriculum at the University of Bristol Centre for Innovation on:
- Technology start-ups
- The History of Innovation
- Innovation and Intrapreneurship: Organisational Cultures