(for people who do stuff.)
The Side Project Club is a fortnightly breakfast club for students and staff at the University of Bristol who do stuff beyond their studies, beyond their day-job, stuff that might just be bigger tomorrow than it is today.
Do you have:
- A ‘passion project’ that is far more than a ‘hobby’?
- A start-up company or charity that is getting going?
- A bit of freelancing making some useful extra money?
- A BIG project that only just fits into your spare time?
If so, we are your tribe.
My Side Project is other people’s Side Projects
For two years I’ve been spending my spare time exploring how other people use their spare time to launch side-projects of all kinds – new businesses, freelance careers, charities, events and more. From cookery blogs and record labels to major events and successful start-ups, side projects are how everyday people express their creativity, kick-start their ideas and change the world (part-time).
One of the secrets of successful side-projects that I’ve discovered is that sharing your idea with like-minded people who can advise, support, validate, challenge, and keep you sane, is really really important.
Check out my TEDx Talk from January 2018 on the value of ‘Starting up a Side Project’
So I’ve started another project – a self-help network for people with big ideas and no time.
Come along for a breakfast or beverage at the Source Cafe in Beacon House between 8am and 9am every other Monday and we will:
- Show and Share our stories for inspiration, validation, and laughs.
- Advise and Support one-another with motivation, ideas, tactics, and resources.
- Commit to collective coaching and goal-setting to continue to get stuff done.
- Start the week by connecting up people and projects with passion!
Come and join us.
Check out my January 2019 blog on Why, What, and How to start-up a side project.
Next Meeting: January 28th 2019
Read some of my Side Project blogs for inspiration: